By signing a new three-year contract with Manchester City, Bernardo Silva has put an end to rumors surrounding his future. However, veteran defender Aymeric Laporte has confirmed his departure from the team, with rumors claiming he would join Saudi Pro League team Al Nassr.
Silva has once again been mentioned frequently in connection with a summer transfer from the Etihad Stadium, with Barcelona being one of the player’s longtime admirers.
However, the Portuguese star has now committed to City until 2026, agreeing to new conditions and extending a contract that was originally set to expire in 2025 by an additional year.
Silva, who came from Monaco in 2017, said, “I’ve had six fantastic years at Manchester City and I’m thrilled to continue my tenure here.
I’m about to start my eighth season with City. Since I’ve been here, we’ve only had one unsuccessful season, so being here until now has meant trophies and lots of victories, and I want to win. Winning is good.
“Being a successful team is not an easy task. It’s a wonderful feeling, and I wanted to hold onto it.
In terms of what we have accomplished and the possibilities for what we can yet do, it has been a dream. We have won five Premier Leagues, one Champions League, and all of the cups in the last six years. To be honest, I couldn’t ask for a better situation.
“What we accomplished last season is something special, and we intend to seize that chance once more this season.
“We want to try that since it is so tough. We heard that four in a row has never been done in the Premier League before.”
Aymeric Laporte, a defender, revealed his departure from the team in a social media video at the same time.
Apparently, Laporte has decided to join Al Nassr after spending five and a half years in England.
The former City teammate Riyad Mahrez, who moved to Al Ahli last month, is expected to join the list of high-profile players who have recently signed for Saudi Pro League clubs.
Dear Cityzens, today I wanted to share a story with you…
It has lasted for five and a half unforgettable years. Plenty of memories that I will keep forever close to my heart. pic.twitter.com/hR2e5CWfVi
— Aymeric Laporte (@Laporte) August 23, 2023
Laporte said in a video on X, formerly known as Twitter, “Dear Cityzens, today I wanted to share a story with you,” followed by a highlights reel of his tenure with the club. “This is now part of our past. I appreciate you and hope to see you soon.
Centre-back In his social media message, Laporte continued, “It has lasted for five and a half unforgettable years. There are many memories that I will cherish forever.
After 180 appearances for City, Laporte will leave the Etihad, with his final outing coming off the bench during their opening-day Premier League victory at Burnley.
He appears to be on track to follow Cristiano Ronaldo, Sadio Mane, Marcelo Brozovic, Seko Fofana, and Alex Telles as the newest high-profile player to join Al Nassr.